SOMEONE ASKED ME THE OTHER DAY what my top five albums were? I almost cried. How could I ever make that kind of discernment? I asked if I could make caveats like "top five when I feel..." Shot down.
So I've been stewing on it.
Here is my top five with only two small reservations to keep in mind: this list is accurate as of only this very second, and also these are my favorite albums which subsequently excludes some of my favorite music. Without further ado (alphabetical by artist):
1. Let It Be... Naked - The Beatles
2. Overdressed - Caedmon's Call
3. The Crane Wife - The Decemberists
4. At War With the Mystics - The Flaming Lips
5. Team Boo - Mates of State
Ok. I did it. Now it's your turn. What are your top 5 albums? I give you full permission to put as many caveats on as needed...
2 comments:
My best friend and I put together lists of our top five favourite bands. It took us over an hour of solid thinking to pad it out - and we never put them in order. I'm not going to even try this one.
1. The Ultimate Yes - Yes
2. 25 Classical Favorites - Various Composers
3. On Letting Go - Circa Survive
4. Rise or Die Trying - Four Year Strong
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vinve Guaraldi
Or something like that.
Post a Comment