TRANSITION BITES. That has been far and away the prevailing philosophy and modus operandi of my life for quite some time. It is changing. I am changing. Transition happens.
* * * * *
I recently described my last six months as "a series of protracted transitions." To spare the details, everything has changed - and it has done so via very long processes in a compact amount of time. Net result breaks down like this: I have more life than I could have imagined was possible, and I have no house in which to live it.
I am going to be houseless.
And far, far from homeless.
* * * * *
My small perspective on the world has come crashing into an ever broadening but incredibly connected reality. I am learning daily, and growing hourly, which means the change just never stops. And that, I'm finding, is a very good thing. The details - like housing - are nearly insignificant when stacked up against the unbelievable provision in every imaginable way. The fact is, not having a place to put my stuff (however temporarily) will undoubtedly help to learn how to live with less of it.
I do, after all, live in the upsidedown Kingdom, where the more I give away the more I have, the less I cling to my life the more undeniably real and full it becomes; the more I realize where and whom my home really is.
6.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes it takes circumstances we wouldn't have chosen for ourselves to learn those necessary lessons. I'm glad you're going about it the right way and with the right perspective. Heaven knows what I'd do if I had to get rid of all my extra stuff. Oh no, I probably spoke to soon...
Post a Comment