I GREW UP IN INDIANA. The famous, late king of pop - whose name I will not here mention - was also an Indiana native. Amidst the overblown onslaught of coverage of his recent passing, I feel like some other living Hoosiers might be missing the spotlight. To remedy this injustice, I will name just a few of the Incredible-Not-Dead-Yets (INDY) of my home state.
In order of age, and subsequent likelihood to lose their place on this list.
1. David Letterman, host of the Late Show on CBS
2. John 'Cougar' Mellencamp, musician
3. Larry Bird, former NBA star and Basketball Hall of Famer
4. Sandi Patty (or Mrs. Peslis, as I know her), singer and author
5. Tony Stewart, NASCAR and Indy Racing driver
I hope this opens up some perspective on the flat, midwestern state I call home. Realistically though, it probably just reinforced every stereotype you already had.
7.02.2009
famous & living
2009-07-02T12:51:00-05:00
David Vosburg
fact|life|music|random|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)