EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I re-watch a film, re-read a book, or re-listen to an album and then I write a re-view of it, namely to recommend that you should see it again, for the first time. Such is the case with "Juno." If you've not seen it, or at least heard the premise, it's a comedy about teenage pregnancy. The similarities (thank goodness) to "Knocked Up" end there.
Here's what I love about this story - it's real. Not literally, but that despite it's romantic core and overall feel-good sensibility, it doesn't romanticize much. I buy in. I don't want so much to say too much else, especially if you've not watched it. Just go rent it tonight, and let me know what you think. Here are some other related items to look out for:
The soundtrack is awesome. You can get it on Amazon or iTunes
Juno's writer, Diablo Cody has a show in the works for HBO
Ellen Page, who plays Juno, is in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut - "Whip It"
As if you needed more encouragment, here's the "Juno" trailer.
10.16.2009
juno
2009-10-16T09:22:00-05:00
David Vosburg
film|re-view|video|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)