I PARTICIPATED IN A WONDERFUL DISCUSSION last night about childhood memories - games, goofs and just general reflections on the time of innocence. I thought I'd share one in particular.
When my younger brother Drew and I were in early elementary, we played a game in the summer called "get dirty." I would never call a game that now, but nevertheless. The rules went something like this: try to get as dirty as you can, so that even after being hosed off outside, the bathwater will have to be changed at least once. We got quite good.Our most successful round consisted of digging a 3' by 3' hole, filling it with with water, and jumping in. After muddifying, we proceeded to roll ourselves in dry dirt. Our clothes all but destroyed, we proudly displayed our work to Mom. To this day I am blown away at how not upset she was. Come to think of it, she was most likely laughing at us and trying not to show it.
So what is a childhood memory you have? Share it in the comments section!